Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back to the Basics

The vacation time is now coming to a close. Sister time was incredible and much needed. We did a lot of fun things together, and I showed S the Korean ropes around our town. 
N8 and I are now getting back into the groove of school, he has been on a strict schedule of going into to work from 8:30-4:30 M-F to sit at his office and make lesson plans. I, on the other hand, have been giving a lot of days off, mainly to be with my sister and just to have me be at home because there is nothing for me to do at work. I love my school.
We start teaching again in March.  I am more excited for this semester because it is now the beginning of a new school year. So the students will be more organized, a little more attentive and excited about classes. We will be leaving in September, our contract is up August 31st, which means we will be leaving our kids in the middle of the school year. 
Now that we are officially at the half-way mark, I'm starting to feel sad about all of things we are going to miss here, the food, friends, students, teachers, environment, beach, mountains...the list goes on. No matter how much we complain about Korea being so different and crazy at times, I think we really do like it here, and we appreciate how it has changed us. But most of all, I'm going to miss my company with N8. Having to separate at the airport to leave with our designated family members will be hard to endure. We are at a stage in our life where we ping-pong back and forth from Independence to dependence at the drop of a hat. 
But I will tell you this, I am so grateful that we have such a loving and supportive network of family and friends that will always be there for us when we need some help. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I miss you already! I'm glad you guys are getting back to your normal schedules. Have some shabu shabu for me over the next six months :)