Friday, February 27, 2009

Motoh-BaiKeh

Today has been a lovely day! First off, our schools have allowed us to stay home on both Thursday AND Friday so we've been getting a chance to catch up on some sleep and also to run some errands. We were paid today, and N8 informed me that we are getting an extra 100,000 won per paycheck because of general inflation, its not much but its nice to have the extra little boost. 
We start school again on Monday and I have yet to know what classes I'll be teaching. At first I would get angry because everything is so last minute here, I thought that they were just shoving my needs to one side and getting back to me at the last second. But I have realized that Koreans do this all of the time! We have 5 new English teachers at my school, and they too have NO IDEA what in tarnations is going on. I feel for them, but I'm not as shocked anymore by the last minute decisions and changes that are made. I guess I will just have to figure things out on Monday at school. 
Anyways, the big news for today is that we bought another motorbike! We have been tip-toeing over the idea for a few months now, and we decided its the best thing for us now that it will be getting warmer and we might as well get it asap so that we can get the most use out of it for our money's worth.  We paid 500,000 Korean Won which equals out to about $300 >which is a STEAL!! (thanks to the exchange rate) We also got a free break lock, a bike cover, and a nice new sturdy helmet for N8, since I already have one. Although I think we are feeling a little like over protective parents with this bike, because we are going to buy a second lock and all, we hope that nothing terrible happens to our new baby. 

1 comment:

Photosbyshew said...

Yay for new bike! I hope you have better luck with this one. :)

Jay and I received your postcard yesterday. It was very sweet. (Jay loved all of the pretty asian girls on the front, ha.)Thank you for thinking of us while you are on the other side of the world. We think about you guys too. Have a great new semester!!