Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Brain Matter

I have officially set the date! I am now registered to take the GRE in January of 2010. It was an intense feeling to make it so final, my heart was pounding as I was clicking "I accept" buttons and retyping my email address over and over again.
N8 convinced me to take the GRE kaplan prep course so that I can really "nail the test"! I'm hoping to lean on him a bit with some help because lord knows I don't know basic math.
"Now, if Julie has 3 apples and she eats on apple..." aaaaah! it just makes my head spin!
Its very intimidating to be in love with someone as smart as this fella...I've come a long way where I can now actually ask for help without bursting into tears of jealousy and embarrassment.
I hope to start the prep course in October and I'm really looking forward to being back in a classroom setting where I'm the student. This is just a small step towards finding out what I want to really focus on in the future. I have looked into Psych Grad programs in different Universities, but I'm also interested in an IPSL graduate degree (international partnership of service learning and leadership). Either way, the first step is getting GRE score under my belt.


In other news, N8's birthday proved to be an utter success this year! Most of our friends came out to join us for some outdoor activities even though it was raining-it actually was quite nice! but I'll leave those stories and pictures up to the birthday boy to post.

This weekend we are planning a hiking trip with some close friends to Meurang (?) Valley. I heard its an interesting hike, especially if you go off the trail and go along the river. We just need to spend some quality time outside and get out of the smokey bars! It should be good clean fun...but who's bringing the soju?

No comments: