Sunday, December 7, 2008

Busy Saturday

We had a busy Saturday...

1. Ice-skating with friends
2. Traditional Korean dance performance featuring one of my students. Awesome. We went with our Korean teacher, Daram.
3. Dinner with friends. We ate a dish called 샤바샤바 (shyaba shyaba). It consists of very thinly sliced beef which you dip into an extremely hot red, vegetable soup. The soup is so hot that the meat cooks within a minute. You then take it out and dip it into a firey mixture of wasabe and soy sauce. You eat the vegetables in the soup with your beef. After the beef is gone, you add noodles, egg, and some spices to the broth and you have the 2nd course. Finally, you finish off the remaining broth (there's a lot of broth) with fried rice. It was FAAANTASTIC. Muffy, myself, and our friend Eric shocked our Korean friends by cleaning off any scraps of food remaining on the table.
4. Bowling with some other friends. I beat Steph both times, muahahha. However, she had me weeping in the first game until about the 8th frame...I was shaking in my boots. She did make two strikes look like child's play, way to go honey!
5. We capped the night off with some pool and beer at our favorite dive bar, The Warehouse. You can count on seeing the same 30 people at this bar on any given night. They play western music and serve cheap beer. It's not swanky, but it always provides some good laughs and a nice way to end a long day of activities.

Below you'll find some pictures and videos from our Saturday:

Muffy is the ice goddess.


N8 and Muffy



Eric pulling a bunch of little girls that were drawn to our handsome western jaws.


Unlike with Eric, the little girls could handle my bitchingly fast skating technique, and they wiped out on the corner. I crushed one, and now she's crippled.






Muffy with our Korean teacher Daram! Daram is awesome.



Muffy bowling another strike


If you look closely, you'll notice my name on the little whiteboard. I'm paired up with Syren, who is a badass on the pool table. (I was lucky to have her as a partner)

Muffy realized that the movements required to skate backwards are uncanny in their similarity to my mother's dance moves.


Eric Richter is clincally insane. That's why we like him. When people see us, they think "Wow, those two people are really great for taking that young man to the ice rink for his big day out!"

No comments: