Thursday, December 18, 2008

work, work and more work

Today was a great day because we just received ANOTHER care-package from the Riley family! Here goes a big fat shout out to YOU for sending us so many goodies. THANK YOU!
N8 and I were so impressed with the homemade story book with the pictures of the family! You really made us feel loved during this holiday season!
I may be getting the best care-package of all soon because a little birdy told me that S. is coming to visit for my birthday...that would be the ultimate birthday present.
Right now the school semester is coming to a close and the students are all pretty much burnt out from their final exams and they could care less about English right now. My classes are pretty relaxed now because its the end of the year and there is no more material to be taught so I just show a Simpson's episode or sing songs with them.
N8 and I both have to complete winter camps sometime during the break. It usually consists of one week (15-20 hours) for 20 students and also another week for teachers that want to learn English. As of right now, i only get Christmas day off, and then start my student winter camp on Jan 26 and finish on Jan 2nd. I will be doing Christmas carols with my students with another native speaker teacher, Jason, who also works at my school. Then I have to do a teacher workshop, also 20 hours, but in 3 days! It'll be a lot of work but I'm always happy to have eager students.
Right now we are relaxing and preparing for our winter camps, and also looking forward to all of the Christmas parties and New Year parties that are happening in korea with all of the foreigners.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so excited! I sent you an e-mail asking if I should come the 7th or the 8th - but if I leave on the 7th I won't arrive till the 8th anyway...so problem solved...I think!