Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winter Festival

Hey gang,

I just got the video from my school of our recent performance at the Winter Festival. This is a huge deal. In fact, past festivals have even been broadcasted on television (cable television)! Muffy and I, along with two of our friends that are also English teachers in Gangneung, danced and sang to a mix of songs by various artists:

Bon Jovi - Livin on a Prayer (N8)
Village People - YMCA (Kasia)
Bob Marley - One Love (Marta)
Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin Somethin (Muffy)
Wondergirls - Nobody (everybody)

The last sogn, Nobody, is a song by the Korean pop group the Wondergirls. It's almost entirely in Korean except for parts of the refrain. the Wondergirls are the Korean equivalent of the Spice Girls, so the room went nuts.

A little over a month ago, Muffy and I helped Kasia and Marta with a similar performance for their school. So...I bugged them into returning the favor at my school.

Anyways...here's a video of the whole performance! Enjoy.

By the way, if you click on the little button at the bottom of the video window to make it full screen it will be much better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! I haven't seen that moonwalk since the holiday show!

joanne said...

:)hahah. I loved it. I loved it. So did my mother. Stephanie your michael jackson moves are delightfully wonderful. Of cousre Nathan I can recognize your dance moves among a thousand. Your so typical :) I love you guys. Make the children scream for how wonderful you are. Love you.