Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mix it up!

Hey all! we had a pretty nice weekend with friends. Its definitely the holiday season, so there are lots of parties going on. N8 and I went to Sokcho to celebrate a friend's birthday and also to have a gift exchange for Christmas. We also went through the fish market again to eat some more of that wonderful stuffed squid.



After the fish market, we took a 3 hour bus to Chuncheon for a goodbye party. The city of Chuncheon definitely brought the Christmas spirit into our hearts because it was the first time we've seen snow since we've been here. The next morning N8 and I woke up and were able to warm up with some Starbucks coffee (weehoo!), I was so happy because everyone here drinks instant 'coffee'. It doesnt taste like coffee at all. We also filled up on some dunkin donuts and headed to Emart, the big grocery store and found some mozzarela cheese which made us very happy! We took anoter 3 hour bus back to Gangneung and found that our city has also been touched by snow! Its exciting because now it feels like winter and like Christmas time.

When we got back to our city, I went out to get my hair cut. I'm not totally crazy about it, it feels alittle too flat and it kind of looks like a wig, but i'm happy to have a change. I now look more asian! My kids are going to go crazy tomorrow at school when they see me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love it! It looks so different. I see what you mean about looking like a wig - but wigs are awesome. I think you look great!

joanne said...

Oh steph I think it looks so cute. I got bangs once. I hated them. But I'm sure everyone appreciated your boldness. They look adorable and I'm sure youll feel more comfortable once they grow in a tiny bit. Love you :)