Thursday, August 21, 2008

Seoul Train

Hi everyone! The has eagle landed. So far I feel great, the flights all the way to south korea were quite nice. I think I did a good job mentally preparing myself, and the 12 hour flight to Seoul was very empty so i had a whole row to myself! I also had very good luck in the airports, thanks to mom's popularity as a Pittsburgh flight attendant, none of my bags were charged. And when i got to San Fransisco I was told I had to check my one carryon and was told it would be $115, but the man who took my bag for me told me it he would comp it. So all in all i saved about $275.
When the plane finally landed around 6:30 pm, I was more inclined to see who may be joining me in my program and there were about 20 of us in the airport. Everyone is very nice and it ran quite smoothly. When we finished getting all of our luggage we got on a bus provided by the program for about an hour and we came to KU, a university here and then we were given a shirt to wear for our first day of orientation. We have been paired up in dorms which are pretty nice. My roommate is very nice and we get along quite well. She is here with her boyfriend too which makes me miss nathan even more, but I am excited for him to get here, even though he won't be a part of orientation. After getting settled in, we finally got to sleep around midnight and had to wake up around 8 am for breakfast and the first day of orientation. There are about 400 people here from all of the world for the program's orientation. The people I have met have all been nice and of all ages. I think I imagined people in their 20s to be the main age group, but there are people here mommy's age and older! I think its a great experience for anyone of any age. During these 10 days of prep we will be having lectures on teaching english and Korean culture. The only disappointing thing is that it has been raining all day but its still pretty nice. I haven't gotten the chance to take any pictures yet but I will be posting some soon. I am surprised at how comfortable I am, I don't think that the shock of separation has set in yet, but I am quite content. Right now I am feeling a little bit sore from the plane and a little sleeply, mainly from the rain. I am happy that the jet lag hasn't had a huge hold on me>I owe it to the good timing of the flight. I miss everyone so much already but I will keep you posted!

No comments: