Thursday, September 4, 2008

Same ol' Same ol'

My co-teacher, Mrs Khang, is officially the BEST! She swayed the landlord of my apartment, a fellow teacher, to let both N8 and I to stay together in the big apartment! PROBLEM SOLVED! Just yesterday N8 and I went to go apply for our Alien Registration Card and also we opened a bank account...which means we will be getting dolla dolla bills baby! My first day of classes will be on Monday and I am pretty nervous but very excited. So far all of the kids here will stop and stare with their mouths hanging open screaming.. BEAUTIFUL! BEAUTIFUL! I guess we need to work on some vocabulary.
It is customary here for the teachers to take out the new teacher out for dinner and drinks. They are all about eating here! But they have a drink called So-Ju and it tastes like watered down vodka. Nathan came home the other night at 8pm from a night out with his male co-teachers and he was pretty crunked...that stuff will get ya!
Hopefully N8 and I will be able to get the internet in our place very soooon...so i can load up some photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hooray!! I want to see pictures of your apartment! And you! And your students! And your earwax!