Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Updates from N8

Despite remembering to send him a gift, I forgot to call my Dad on his birthday. Korea has consumed me to the point where I forget abotu the important little things in life. I'm really sorry Dad.


As riveting as Korea might be, I have been distracted for the past four weeks by the looming pressure of my MCAT scores. Just last night...I finally could take a deep breath.


The scores came in a day late, but last night, at 11pm Korea time, my scores were finally available! I got a 34M. The M stands for an extremely low writing score. The score is very low because (and I knew suspected this during the exam) because I forgot to save what I had written for one of the two essays. From what I understand though, the writing score isn't all that important to schools. They will get to judge my writing from the personal statement that I send in with my application anyways.


Although I was hoping for a higher score (my highest practice test was a 37), a 34 seems sufficiently high in order for me be competitive at just about any school. I have already decided on the schools to which I will apply (column on the right is the avg. MCAT score of accepted students)


Harvard 35.9
Yale 34.0
Stanford 35.0
UCLA 33.7
Baylor 34.7
Pittsburgh 34.2
Chicago 34.7
Jefferson 31.2
Temple 30.6


Anyways, that will be my next adventure. Now that I have gotten this out of the way, I am free to enjoy Korea until the spring, when I have to begin applying to the schools above. If I hadn't achieved a good score, I would have had to request my parents to send me the "hell box" that I prepared for them before leaving to Korea. The hell box is basically full of 30 lbs. of MCAT study materials, and it will no longer be necessary.


Here's a picture of me smiling:







And here's a picture of my desk at work:

No comments: